Sunday School in Eastertide:
Adult classes meet as usual:
- Tara’s Bible Study on Book of Acts in John Allan Hall of Gideon Blackburn House
- Charles Danner Seminar Class in second floor conference room, #207
- Comrades Class in room #106
No Sunday School on May 29 for Memorial Day weekend
Summer Saints special series starts June 5 for adults, youth, and all children!
At First Presbyterian Church of Huntsville we believe faithful living encourages us to engage our hearts and minds.
We offer many opportunities for the adults of our church to come together to learn, grow, and worship together.
- Bible Study on the Book of Acts- Sundays from 9:30 – 10:30 am taught by Dr. Bulger and meeting in John Allan Hall. Class will be recorded and posted the following week.
- Charles Danner Seminar Class– Sundays from 9:30–10:30 am via Zoom or in person in Room 207. Join this group for a deeper dive into various topics including history, theology, and faith, as guided by a book to read and discuss. This class is reading and discussing the book Lies My Preacher Told Me by Brent A. Strawn.
- Comrades– Sundays from 9:30–10:30 am in Room 106. The Comrades Class is a Bible study group organized by subject matter rather than by following a specific Bible book or section. The class places emphasis on basic Christian beliefs and how those beliefs should be translated into action in the lives of modern Americans. Contemporary issues are discussed in the context of Bible teachings.
- Genesis– Sundays from 9:30–10:30 am in the Carriage House behind the Gideon Blackburn House. Join the Genesis Sunday School class as we take a look at Parables From the Backside. Minister and author Ellsworth Kalas presents new insight into twelve of Jesus’ parables by entering them through the eyes of a minor or unsympathetic character. By approaching the stories in this way, Kalas releases new meaning and clarifies basic teachings.
- Men’s Bible Study– Wednesdays from 7:00 – 8:00 am in Fellowship Hall. Every Wednesday morning we gather in the Fellowship Hall to study Scripture, pray, and discuss whatever arbitrary thing comes to our minds. This is a great time to spiritually connect, grow, and have fun with a fantastic group. We also occasionally get lunch together!
- Presbyterian Women– 2nd Monday each month. Presbyterian Women welcomes women of all ages for praise, Bible study, and mission. Three Circles, with both morning and evening times, meet on the second Mondays, October through May. At those meetings this year, we will study “What My Grandmothers Taught Me: Learning from the Women in Matthew’s Genealogy of Jesus” by Merryl Blair.
- Thursday Prayer Group Zoom– Thursdays from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm on Zoom. This prayer team intentionally lifts up the prayers of this congregation and the world each week while also enjoying fellowship, scripture readings and devotions. This winter they are using the book Finding Calm in the Chaos by Kathleen Long Bostrom as the devotional guide.
Listen HERE to Bible lectures from Pastor Brett.