Wednesdays 5:00 – 7:00 pm from September 7 – November 30 (no WNL 10/5 and 11/23). Each person should register separately as volunteers, adult class participants, or children participants. Everyone is welcome! Please email Kathy Gillmore, Director of Christian Education, at email@example.com with any questions.
At First Presbyterian Church of Huntsville we believe faithful living encourages us to engage our hearts and minds.
We offer many opportunities for the adults of our church to come together to learn, grow, and worship together.
- Charles Danner Seminar Class– Sundays from 9:30-10:30 am in Room 205 or on Zoom. Join this group for a deeper dive into various topics including history, theology, and faith, as guided by a book to read and discuss. This class is reading and discussing the book Lies My Preacher Told Me by Brent A. Strawn.
- Genesis– Sundays from 9:30-10:30 am in the Carriage House. This class meets to provide fellowship, support, and faith formation. Daniel Schreeder will lead the class in discussion, with a particular focus of how to live out the lessons we hear in worship each week.
- Men’s Bible Study– Wednesdays from 7:00 – 8:00 am in Fellowship Hall. Every Wednesday morning we gather to study Scripture, pray, and discuss whatever arbitrary thing comes to our minds. This is a great time to spiritually connect, grow, and have fun with a fantastic group. We also occasionally get lunch together! For questions about this group please email Pastor Brett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pastor’s Bible Study– Sundays from 9:30-10:30 am in John Allan Hall. Dr. Tara and Rev. Brett will take turns teaching a class that takes us through the book of Acts chapter by chapter, looking at the historical context, nuances of language, literary devices, and discovering what Scripture means for our lives today. This is a class with a primary lecture and some discussion. All ages are welcome, and all levels of Biblical knowledge are welcome.
- Presbyterian Women– Presbyterian Women welcomes women of all ages for worship, Bible study, and mission. Three Circles, with both morning and evening times, meet on the second Mondays, October through May. At those meetings this year, we will study “CELEBRATING SABBATH: Accepting God’s Gift of Rest and Delight” by The Rev. Dr. Carol Bechtel. Our three Circles come together four times a year for our PW Gatherings. The remaining Gatherings for this year are on the first Mondays of December, March, and May. At these Gatherings, held in the Fellowship Hall, we have speakers plus our mission focus as well as our business meetings. For more information on Presbyterian Women please contact Janis Williams at email@example.com.
- Thursday Prayer Group– Thursdays from 11:00 am-12:00 pm in the Library and on Zoom. This small group intentionally lifts the needs of each other and this congregation in prayer. We enjoy fellowship, study, and learning new methods of prayer as they explore the many different ways of being in relationship with God. Currently we discuss lectionary scripture texts and reflections from a devotional book Daily Feast: Meditations from Feasting on the Word Year B. Contact Kathy Gillmore, firstname.lastname@example.org, to receive the Zoom link and readings.
- Torah Bible Study– Tuesdays from 12:00-1:00 pm between August 30th and September 27th. Pastor Brett will be leading a Bible Study through the Torah (the first five books of the Bible- Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). We will be looking at the books that helped to shape Israel’s history, giving us a foundation for our understanding of the Scripture as a whole. Come once, or come all five weeks, all are stand-alone lessons. You may attend in person in the Library, on Zoom, or you can listen to the lectures afterward. Please sign up by clicking the button below, by emailing Pastor Brett at email@example.com, or by calling the church office. If you want to view old Bible Study lessons, visit fpchsv.org/bible-lectures.
- Wednesday Night Live: No Fear Greek!– Wednesdays at 5:30 pm. Are you terrible at foreign languages? Does the prospect of learning a new one make you want to vomit? Pastor Brett feels that way too. Never fear, this class will be looking at basic Greek words/grammatical rules, as well as Greek culture, and identifying how they can illuminate a Scripture passage. As we look at the Scripture in its Greco-Roman context we can learn new truths about what God is telling us today! This is our adult class during the Wednesday Night Live program.
Listen HERE to Bible lectures from Pastor Brett.