At First Presbyterian Church of Huntsville we believe faithful living encourages us to engage our hearts and minds.
We offer many opportunities for the adults of our church to come together to learn, grow, and worship together.
- Charles Danner Seminar Class– Sundays from 9:30-10:30 am in Room 205 or on Zoom. Join this group for a deeper dive into various topics including history, theology, and faith, as guided by a book to read and discuss. This class is reading and discussing the book An Introduction to the Old Testament: The Canon and Christian Imagination 3rd Edition by Walter Brueggemann and Tod Linafelt, and other resources of interest to the subject.
- Genesis– Sundays from 9:30-10:30 am in the Carriage House. This class meets to provide fellowship, support, and faith formation. Daniel Schreeder will lead the class in discussion, with a particular focus of how to live out the lessons we hear in worship each week.
- Men’s Bible Study– Wednesdays from 7:00 – 8:00 am in Fellowship Hall. Every Wednesday morning we gather to study Scripture, pray, and discuss whatever arbitrary thing comes to our minds. This is a great time to spiritually connect, grow, and have fun with a fantastic group. We also occasionally get lunch together! For questions about this group please email Pastor Brett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pastor’s Bible Study– Sundays from 9:30-10:30 am in John Allan Hall. Dr. Tara and Rev. Brett will take turns teaching a class that takes us through the book of Acts chapter by chapter, looking at the historical context, nuances of language, literary devices, and discovering what Scripture means for our lives today. This is a class with a primary lecture and some discussion. All ages are welcome, and all levels of Biblical knowledge are welcome.
- Presbyterian Women– Presbyterian Women welcomes women of all ages for worship, Bible study, and mission. Three Circles, with both morning and evening times, meet on the second Mondays, October through May. At those meetings this year, we will study “CELEBRATING SABBATH: Accepting God’s Gift of Rest and Delight” by The Rev. Dr. Carol Bechtel. Our three Circles come together four times a year for our PW Gatherings. The remaining Gatherings for this year are on the first Mondays of December, March, and May. At these Gatherings, held in the Fellowship Hall, we have speakers plus our mission focus as well as our business meetings. For more information on Presbyterian Women please contact Janis Williams at email@example.com.
- Thursday Prayer Group– Thursdays from 11:00 am-12:00 pm in the Library and on Zoom. This small group intentionally lifts the needs of each other and this congregation in prayer. We enjoy fellowship, study, and learning new methods of prayer as they explore the many different ways of being in relationship with God. Currently we discuss lectionary scripture texts and reflections from a devotional book Daily Feast: Meditations from Feasting on the Word Year A. Contact Kathy Gillmore, firstname.lastname@example.org, to receive the Zoom link and readings.
- Wednesday Night Live: Living Godspeed– Wednesdays at 5:30 pm. Join Dr. Tara W. Bulger for a study of a movie called Godspeed. It’s a documentary about an American pastor who goes to serve a church in rural Scotland and all that he learns here. We’ll look at themes related to the movie, but also related to how we spend our time and energy as disciples of Christ. This is our adult class during the Wednesday Night Live program. Register HERE for this class.
Listen HERE to Bible lectures from Pastor Brett.