Sign up for Wednesday Night Live HERE!
At First Presbyterian Church of Huntsville we believe faithful living encourages us to engage our hearts and minds.
We offer many opportunities for the adults of our church to come together to learn, grow, and worship together.
- Charles Danner Seminar Class– Sundays from 9:30–10:30 a.m. via Zoom or in person in the Church Library. Join this group for a deeper dive into various topics including history, theology, and faith, as guided by a book to read and discuss. This class is reading and discussing the book Lies My Preacher Told Me by Brent A. Strawn.
- Comrades– Sundays from 9:30–10:30 a.m. in Room 106. The Comrades Class is a Bible study group organized by subject matter rather than by following a specific Bible book or section. The class places emphasis on basic Christian beliefs and how those beliefs should be translated into action in the lives of modern Americans. Contemporary issues are discussed in the context of Bible teachings.
- Feasting on the Word– Sundays from 9:30–10:30 a.m. in Room 207. This is a Sunday School class that focuses on Scripture and community. We look at a piece Scripture that aligns with the lectionary from that Sunday. We will share stories from the week and connect through discussion and learning.
- Follow Me: Biblical Practices for Faithful Living– Wednesdays from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. on Zoom and in Room 205. This study is for life-long Christians and those beginning to ask questions. Each unit centers around something Jesus told his followers to do. Followers of Jesus were attracted to him because of his actions: he welcomed everyone, he spoke truth to power, and he invited all to follow him to God. Faith develops as we practice following what Jesus did, embodied and taught.
- Genesis– Sundays from 9:30–10:30 a.m. in John Allen Hall at the Gideon Blackburn House. Join the Genesis Sunday School class as we take a look at Parables From the Backside. Minister and author Ellsworth Kalas presents new insight into twelve of Jesus’ parables by entering them through the eyes of a minor or unsympathetic character. By approaching the stories in this way, Kalas releases new meaning and clarifies basic teachings.
- Learning Wisdom From a Fool– Tuesdays from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. between Sept. 21-Oct. 12th in the Church Library or on Zoom. Come and learn about Job, Psalms, Proverbs, and Ecclesiastes as we learn about their authorship, form, and what we can hope to learn from them. If this is at all interesting to you please sign up!
- Men’s Bible Study– Wednesdays from 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. in Fellowship Hall. Every Wednesday morning we gather in the Fellowship Hall to study Scripture, pray, and discuss whatever arbitrary thing comes to our minds. This is a great time to spiritually connect, grow, and have fun with a fantastic group. We also occasionally get lunch together!
- Presbyterian Women– 2nd Monday each month. Presbyterian Women welcomes women of all ages for praise, Bible study, and mission. Three Circles, with both morning and evening times, meet on the second Mondays, October through May. At those meetings this year, we will study “What My Grandmothers Taught Me: Learning from the Women in Matthew’s Genealogy of Jesus” by Merryl Blair.
- Psalms– Wednesdays from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. in the Church Library.
- Thursday Prayer Group Zoom– Thursdays from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on Zoom. This prayer team intentionally lifts up the prayers of this congregation and the world each week while also enjoying fellowship, scripture readings and devotions. This fall they are using the book Finding Calm in the Chaos by Kathleen Long Bostrom as the devotional guide.
- Women’s Bible Study– Wednesdays from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. in Room 207. This Fall they will be exploring the Horizon’s study “What My Grandmothers Taught Me: Learning from the Women in Matthew’s Genealogy of Jesus” by Merryl Blair.
Listen HERE to Bible lectures from Pastor Brett.