At First Presbyterian Church of Huntsville we believe faithful living encourages us to engage our hearts and minds.
We offer many opportunities for the adults of our church to come together to learn, grow, and worship together.
- NEW! Amos 5:24 Group– For those who are interested in learning about some of the injustices and inequities in our society, and discussing how we can respond and grow, we will be providing a four-week class where we will look at a resource during the week and then come together to discuss what we learned and what we were confused by. This will take place Wednesdays from 5:00-6:00 PM on Zoom and will be from April 21 through May 12th. Register HERE.
- Charles Danner Seminar Class Zoom– Join this group via Zoom or in person in the Church Library Sundays from 9:30–10:30 am for a deeper dive into various topics including history, theology, and faith, as guided by a book to read and discuss. This fall they are reading Holding Faith: A Practical Introduction to Christian Doctrine by Cynthia L. Rigby.
- Comrades Class– Led by Dag Rowe and Bill Lummus, this class is a Bible Study group organized by subject matter, emphasizing basic Christian beliefs and how those beliefs can be lived out. Members are predominately senior adults, but content is pertinent to all ages and everyone is welcome.
- Feasting on the Word– Pastor Brett is teaching a new class for adults Sundays from 9:30-10:30 am to explore scripture and our response to the Word. This class meets via zoom or in person in Room 207. This is a discussion-based Biblical study that follows the lectionary.
- NEW! Gospel Biblical Studies Class– Pastor Brett will lead a four-week journey through the Gospels on Tuesdays from 12:00-1:00 PM and will be from April 21st through May 12th. This will be offered as a hybrid option, both on Zoom and in-person in the library. He will spend the first half of the class lecturing with general information about each gospel, providing some tools to help us understand the text. Then, we will spend the second half of class reading a story aloud and discussing together. No preparation is needed, simply come and let us learn from God’s Word together. For those who are not able to attend, he will be posting the lecture aspect of the class online. Register HERE.
- Men’s Bible Study– Join us bright and early for a 7-8 am Men’s Bible Study Zoom on Wednesday mornings. This group digs deep into Scripture as well is a time for fellowship and conversation about life. This group will meet via Zoom or in Fellowship Hall. If you are at all interested you can contact Pastor Brett at email@example.com, or David Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday Prayer Group Zoom– This prayer team intentionally lifts up the prayers of this congregation and the world each week while also enjoying fellowship, scripture readings and devotions. This fall they are using the book Finding Calm in the Chaos by Kathleen Long Bostrom as the devotional guide. This group will meet via Zoom on Thursdays at 11 am.
Click HERE to sign up for our Zoom communities.
For safety and security purposes we ask that you register to receive the Zoom links.